Saturday 12 December 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Kulick in Brooklyn and Dave Meniketti.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1953 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Bruce Kulick in Brooklyn: New York, USA; rocker (Kiss - "Beth", "Rock and Roll All Nite").
- Dave Meniketti: American guitarist.
- Rafael Septien: Mexican placekicker in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys and convicted sex offender.
- Martin Ferguson: Australian lawyer and politician.
- Bruce Kulick: American guitarist and songwriter (Kiss Grand Funk Railroad Blackjack Union and Eric Singer Project).
- Rafael Septién: Mexican-American football player
- Chuck Yeager reaches Mach 2.43 in Bell X-1A rocket plane
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?