Tuesday 1 December 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1953 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Antoine De Caunes: French TV host and presenter, actor, writer and film director, he is the son of two prominent television personalities: rhe journalist Georges De Caunes and the announcer Jacqueline Joubert.
- WAIM (now WAXA) TV channel 40 in Anderson, SC (IND) 1st broadcast
- WCSH TV channel 6 in Portland, ME (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Walter Alston is named Brooklyn Dodgers' manager.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 December 1953 and get them!