Monday 28 December 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1953 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Richard Clayderman pianist (Amour: Romantic America).
- Robert Pittman: TV executive / developer (MTV).
- Charlie Pierce: American journalist and author of non-fiction works, Pierce has written feature articles and sports columns for such periodicals as Esquire, The Atlantic Monthly, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, New York Times and the Los Angeles Times.
- Tatsumi Fujinami: Japanese wrestler and promoter founded Dradition wrestling promotion.
- Martha Wash: American singer-songwriter (The Weather Girls and C+C Music Factory).
- Robin McGraw: Self-Help Author
- Richard Clayderman: French pianist (easy listening) particularly famous in Asia.
- WLBT TV channel 3 in Jackson, MS (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1953 and get them!