Monday 3 May 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angela Bofill and Patti Boulaye.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1954 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Angela Bofill: American R&B and jazz singer and songwriter.
- Patti Boulaye: British-Nigerian singer, actress and artist who rose to prominence after winning New Faces in 1978, and was among the leading black British entertainers in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Véronique Nichanian: French fashion designer, artistic director of Hermès menswear since 1988.
- Jean-Marc Roberts: French editor, novelist, and screenwriter, born to an American, Edwin Roberts, and to an Italian comedian.
- KTEN TV channel 10 in Ada-Ardmore, OK (ABC) begins broadcasting
- WHA TV channel 21 in Madison, WI (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Charles A Lindbergh and John Patrick.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Frank Weir & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?