Monday 17 May 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Le Plaisir, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1954 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- John Iles: Dolby supervisor (Elephant Man, Richard III).
- Jean-Marie Bigard: French comedian and actor with controversial and scatological humour.
- Michael Roberts: South African-English jockey.
- Supreme Court unanimously rules on Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education reversed 1896 separate but equal Plessy Vs Ferguson decision
- U.S. Supreme Court rules unanimously in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, that racial segregation in public educational facilities is unconstitutional.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?