Wednesday 5 May 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1954 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Dave Spector: American television personality and commentator.
- Peter Erskine: jazz drummer (Weather Report).
- Angelo Kimball in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; rock guitarist (Face To Face).
- John Greg Adams in Scottsdale: Arizona, USA; PGA golfer (1982 Hall of Fame-second).
- Brian Souter: Scottish entrepreneur, the Director of Stagecoach Bus Company.
- Rosey Reed: American equestrian demonstrator at the 1984 Olympics, Los Angeles. The winner of 15 U.S. and Canadian National Championships, she is in the San Diego Hall of Champions. She trains at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center; in 1993 her monthly column began in Coastline magazine.
- Military coup by General Alfredo Stroessner in Paraguay.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Frank Weir & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?