Wednesday 3 November 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Godzilla and Kevin P Chilton in Los Angeles California USA major US Air Force/astronaut (sk.
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
Drum Beat, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1954 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Godzilla: Japanese monster ().
- Kevin P Chilton in Los Angeles California USA major US Air Force/astronaut (sk: STS-49).
- Adam Ant: British entertainer, lead singer of 1980s pop band Adam and the Ants.
- Edith Noeding: A retired female track and field athlete from Peru, who competed in the hurdles event during her career.
- Marja-Liisa Niemi-Mattila: Finnish astrologer, married once, one child.
- Phil Simms: Football Player
- Nobel for physics awarded to Max Born and Walter Bothe
- Linus Pauling wins Nobel Chemistry Prize.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?