Monday 4 September 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ehteshamuddin and Doyle Alexander.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Treasury Men in Action.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1950 ?
Famous Birthdays:04 September
- 1st helicopter rescue of American pilot behind enemy lines
- D McI Hodgson of St. Ann Bay, Nova Scotia catches a 997 lb tuna
- Heavy typhoon strikes Japan, kills about 250
- First helicopter rescue of American pilot behind enemy lines.
- Darlington Raceway is the site of the inaugural Southern 500, the first 500-mile NASCAR race.
- First appearance of the ''Beetle Bailey'' comic strip.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?