Thursday 21 September 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1950 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Bill Murray in Evanston: Illinois, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live, What About Bob?, Stripes, Groundhog Day).
- David Frawley: American Hindu teacher, astrologer and author, using the name Vamadeva.
- Bill Murray: American actor and comedian, deceptively sincere and deadpan while delivering acerbic sarcastic wit.
- Misty Kuceris: German-American business owner in the DC metropolitan area since 1978; author of "Trend Analysis for the United States: Year 2002.
- Charles Clarke: English economist and politician Secretary of State for Education.
- Philippe Caubere: French film actor, writer and producer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- I Love the Guy - Sarah Vaughan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?