Saturday 30 September 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1950 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Victoria Tennant: British actor, noted family member and spouse, she is the daughter of prima ballerina Irina Baronova and talent agent Cecil Tennant, goddaughter of Laurence.
- Ghislain Muller: French jazz and free improvisation vibraphonist, composer and arranger.
- Laura Esquivel: Novelist.
- Renato Zero: Italian singer-songwriter and actor.
- 1st Congress of International Astronautical Federation opens in Paris
- WSM TV channel 4 in Nashville, TN (NBC) begins broadcasting
- NSC-68 is enacted by President Truman, setting U.S. foreign policy for the next 20 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harbor Lights - Ray Anthony
- Orange Colored Sky - King Cole Trio (Stan Kenton & His Orchestra)
- Perry Como - Patricia
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 September 1950 and get them!