Saturday 30 September 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ghislain Muller and Victoria Tennant.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Frank Sinatra Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1950 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ghislain Muller: French jazz and free improvisation vibraphonist, composer and arranger.
- Victoria Tennant: British actor, noted family member and spouse, she is the daughter of prima ballerina Irina Baronova and talent agent Cecil Tennant, goddaughter of Laurence.
- Laura Esquivel: Novelist.
- Renato Zero: Italian singer-songwriter and actor.
- 1st Congress of International Astronautical Federation opens in Paris
- WSM TV channel 4 in Nashville, TN (NBC) begins broadcasting
- NSC-68 is enacted by President Truman, setting U.S. foreign policy for the next 20 years.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?