Tuesday 4 September 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The River, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1951 ?
- Martin Chambers: English drummer and singer (The Pretenders).
- Judith Ivey: American actress and director.
- Kaoru Kobayashi: Japanese actor.
- Marita Ulvskog: Swedish politician Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden.
- Judith Ivey in El Paso: Texas, USA; actress (Lady in Red, Hello Again).
- Nicu Ceausescu: Playboy
- Francis McCaffrey: American clerical worker, the manufacturer's rep of laser video disks in 1984. A minor actress, she landed a TV role in October 1984.
- 1st transcontinental TV broadcast, by President Truman
- 71st US Mens Tennis: F A Sedgman beats Elias V Seixas Jr (64 61 61)
- President Truman addresses opening of Japanese Peace Treaty Conference
- NBC extends to become a 61-station coast-to-coast network.
- The first live transcontinental television broadcast takes place in San Francisco, California, from the Japanese Peace Treaty Conference.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?