Sunday 17 September 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1950 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Narendra Modi: Indian politician and is the incumbent and 14th Chief Minister of the state of Gujarat.
- Chris Heister: Swedish politician.
- Fee Waybill: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Tubes).
- San Francisco 49ers (formerly AAFC) play first NFL game, lose 21-17.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- I Love the Guy - Sarah Vaughan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?