Saturday 23 September 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandre Adler and Scott Newman.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Danger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1950 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Alexandre Adler: French historian, journalist and expert of contemporary geopolitics, the former USSR, and the Middle East.
- Scott Newman: American noted family, the son of Paul Newman and first wife, Jacqueline, a skydiving instructor with 500 jumps to his credit, as well as a stunt man.
- Jhampa Shaneman: Canadian Buddhist Astrologer, co-author of the book, "Buddhist Astrology.
- George Garzone: American saxophonist and educator.
- Sam Barry: American basketball player and coach (Born 1892).
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Sunset Hills Golf Open
- US Mustangs accidentally bombs British on Hill 282 Korea, 17 killed
- Philadelphia Athletics' Joe Astroth is fourth to get six RBIs in an inning (6th).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Don Cherry - Thinking of You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?