Tuesday 5 September 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1950 ?
- Rosie Cooper: English businesswoman and politician.
- Kari Svendsen: Norwegian singer, banjo player and revue artist.
- Luciano Teodori: Italian writer and journalist.
- Palden Jenkins: British astrologer, author, book-editor, webmaster and publisher, teacher and international lecturer living in Glastonbury, England on the ancient Isle of Avalon.
- Cathy Guisewite: American comic writer of the syndicated cartoon strip "Cathy," published in more than 500 papers.
- 64th US Womens Tennis: Margaret Osborne duPont beats D Hart (63 63)
- 70th US Mens Tennis: Art Larsen beats Herbert Flam (63 46 57 64 63)
- 98.3 cm rainfall at Yankeetown, Florida (state record)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 September 1950 and get them!