Tuesday 5 November 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Night at the Opera, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1935!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1935 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Laurent Robuschi: .
- Dick Davalos in Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Jeff - The Americans).
- Jerry Amper Dadap: Composer.
- John Nicholas Maw: Composer.
- Lester Piggott: English professional jockey, popularly known as "The Long Fellow".
- Mina Dilis-Beersmans: Flemish actress / Wife of John Dilis, dies at 71.
- Maryland Court of Appeals orders University of Maryland to admit (black) Donald Murray.
- Parker Brothers releases the board game Monopoly.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 November 1935 and get them!