Thursday 5 November 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1953 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Cameron Hooker: American homicide; a kidnapper, murderer and sadist who, despite no history of family abuse, was into S/M and B&D fantasies from his youth.
- Florentino Floro: Filipino lawyer and judge.
- Florentino V Floro: Filipino judge.
- Joyce Maynard: American writer and columnist who began writing as a young girl.
- Nobel prize for physics awarded / appended on Frederik Zernicke
- Paul Searls saws a 32 log in 86.4 seconds
- David Ben-Gurion resigns as prime minister of Israel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?