Thursday 5 November 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Come and Get It, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1936 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Stewart Conn: Scottish poet and playwright.
- Truman Jacques: American TV personality, a many faceted black host of CBS talk show, who is known for putting together such diverse topics as politics, sex, the occult, philosophy and crime with equal facility.
- Uwe Seeler: German soccer/football official and former player.
- Michael Dertouzos: Greek internet pioneer, Director of the M.I.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?