Sunday 16 June 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Tammy and the Bachelor, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1957 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- James Riva: American self-labeled vampire.
- Adri van Tiggelen: Dutch soccer star (Sparta / PSV).
- Ian Buchanan: Scotland, United Kingdom -- Actor (General Hospital, Gary Shandling Show).
- Leeona Dorrian: Lady Dorrian Scottish lawyer and judge.
- French offensive in Algeria
- White Sox reliever Dixie Howell hits 2 HRs to beat Washingston Senators 8-6
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?