Sunday 2 June 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Lawrenson and Jonathan Stack.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1957 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:02 June
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Triangle Round Robin Golf Tournament
- US TV interviews Khrushchev
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?