Wednesday 19 June 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Gleeson and Anna Lindh.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Curse of Frankenstein, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Sanders Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1957 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- The Coasters - Young Blood
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?