Friday 6 September 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Harakiri, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1963 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Mark Chesnutt: American country-western singer known as "the human jukebox" as he is said to know as many as a thousand country songs from his years of hanging out in country bars.
- Skye Gyngell: Australian chef and author.
- Pat Nevin: Scottish footballer and sportscaster.
- Alice Sebold: American novelist.
- Bryan Simonaire: American engineer and politician.
- Geert Wilders: Dutch lawyer and politician
- Jozsef Kiprich: Soccer player (Feyenoord)
- Karen Baldwin: American Beauty Queen who was named Miss Universe in 1982.
- Margarita Sierra: Actress (Surfside 6), dies after heart surgery at 26.
- Church bombed in Birmingham AL, kills 4 African-American girls
- Historian Lee Allen says Indians-Senators game is 100,000th in history
- Jerry Lee Lewis quits Sun Records
- Major league baseball's 100,000th game.
- The Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Freddie Scott - Hey, Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?