Monday 30 September 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1963 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Cristina Marsillach: Madrid, Spain -- Actress (Barocco).
- Ed Drakich: Windsor, Ontario -- Volleyball player (1996 Olympics).
- David Barbe: American bass player and producer (Sugar).
- Arnold Foster: Composer, dies at 66.
- Student Gypsy opens at 84th St. Theater NYC for 16 performances
- 56th Postmaster General: John A Gronouski of Wis takes office
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- The Tymes - Wonderful! Wonderful!
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Ray Charles - Busted
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?