Saturday 28 September 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Earl Dawkins Jr and Steve Blackman.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Lilies of the Field, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood and the Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1963 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Johnny Earl Dawkins Jr: NBA guard (Spurs, Charlotte Hornets).
- Steve Blackman: American wrestler and martial artist.
- Érik Comas: French race car driver.
- Greg Weisman: American voice actor producer and screenwriter.
- King Leonardo, cartoon last airs on NBC-TV
- Little Deuce Coupe by The Beach Boys peaks at #15
- Martian Hop by The Ran-Dells peaks at #1
- New Phil Silvers Show, debuts on CBS-TV
- Nick Teen & Al K Hall by Rolf Harris peaks at #95
- Shari Lewis Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- Surfer Joe by Surfaris peaks at #62
- Tennessee Tuxedo, cartoon debuts on CBS-TV
- Murray The K, a New York DJ plays She Loves You on the radio
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Tymes - Wonderful! Wonderful!
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?