Thursday 8 December 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Pygmalion, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1938 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Jean-Paul Goude: French graphic designer, illustrator, photographer, and advertising film director, born to an American mother (former Broadway dancer).
- Highest temperature for December in US recorded in La Mesa, California.
- LP Beria follows Nikolai Jezjov as head of Russian secret police.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Umbrella Man - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?