Friday 16 December 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Frank Deford: American journalist and author.
- Michael Greer in Durham: North Carolina, USA; actor (Bobby Gentry Show).
- Liv Ullmann: Norwegian actress born in Tokyo who became an outstanding dramatic actress of Swedish and international films, winning a New York Film Critics Award for "Crime And Whispers," 1972 and adding Hollywood films after 1973.
- Kenneth Macke: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Dayton Hudson, a large retailing chain.
- Bradman scores 143 South Australia vs. NSW, 11 fours 91 singles
- Adolf Hitler institutes the Cross of Honor of the German Mother
- MGM releases its successful film version of Charles Dickens's ''A Christmas Carol''. The film is originally intended to star Lionel Barrymore as Ebenezer Scrooge, but Barrymore, ill with arthritis, is replaced by Reginald Owen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Jeepers Creepers - Al Donahue & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?