Monday 19 December 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1938 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean-Louis Fournier: French writer, and winner of the Prix Femina, 2008, for "Où on va, papa?" in which he writes about his relationship with his two handicapped sons, Mathieu and Thomas.
- Jay Arnette: American athlete, played pro basketball for three seasons beginning in 1963.
- Stephen Warfield Gambrill: American politician (Born 1873).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?