Saturday 24 December 1938, Christmas Eve
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralp Inbar and Aida Amoretti.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1938 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Ralp Inbar: Dutch TV host (Banana Split).
- Aida Amoretti: Italian fashion designer.
- Ralph Inbar: Dutch talk show host, a leading figure for over 20 years.
- Pete McCaffrey: American basketball player who played for the gold medal-winning United States men's national basketball team at the 1964 Summer Olympics.
- Michael Munkasey: American engineer, computer systems analyst, computer programmer and financial planner.
- Bobby Henrich: American baseball player
- Valentim Loureiro: Portuguese politician, and former football chairman of Boavista F.C. and Liga Portuguesa de Futebol Profissional
- Bruno Taut: German architect (Born 1880).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?