Tuesday 13 December 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alvin Curran and Tom Shaw.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Alvin Curran: American composer.
- Tom Shaw: Wichita, Kansas -- PGA golfer (1969 Doral Open AVCO Golf Classic).
- Tom Shaw in Wichita: Kansas, USA; PGA golfer (1969 Doral Open AVCO Golf Classic).
- Tony Gomez: rocker (Foundations).
- Heino : German singer well known in Europe for his ballads, love songs, pop music (Schlager) and traditional Volksmusik.
- The Holocaust: The Neuengamme concentration camp opens in the Bergedorf district of Hamburg, Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Jeepers Creepers - Al Donahue & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?