Tuesday 13 December 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Christmas Carol, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Tom Shaw in Wichita: Kansas, USA; PGA golfer (1969 Doral Open AVCO Golf Classic).
- Tony Gomez: rocker (Foundations).
- Alvin Curran: American composer.
- Tom Shaw: Wichita, Kansas -- PGA golfer (1969 Doral Open AVCO Golf Classic).
- Heino : German singer well known in Europe for his ballads, love songs, pop music (Schlager) and traditional Volksmusik.
- The Holocaust: The Neuengamme concentration camp opens in the Bergedorf district of Hamburg, Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Jeepers Creepers - Al Donahue & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?