Tuesday 6 December 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Ossman and Patrick Bauchau.
Pygmalion, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1938 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- David Ossman: Comedian (Firesign Theater).
- Patrick Bauchau: Belgian actor, son of Henry, psychoanalyst, widely known for his roles in "La Collectionneuse" (Eric Rohmer), the James Bond "A view to a kill" in 1985, "Ray", Ray Charles' biopic, Emmanuelle 4 with Sylvia Kristel, and "Universal Soldier" with Jean-Claude Van Damme in 2012.
- Nicholas Lyell: British lawyer and politician, a Member of Parliament from 1979 returned at General Election June 11, 1987.
- 117 Spanish knights under Captain Piet Laros return to the Netherlands
- French / German non-attack treaty drawn (Ribbentrop-Bonnet Pact)
- Kingdom of Yugoslavia parliamentary election: The opposition gains votes but not seats.
- Following elections in the Lithuanian city of Memel the Lithuanian Nazi party wins over 90% of the votes.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Umbrella Man - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?