Friday 9 December 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Thomas McKinley and [David] Deacon Jones NFL defensive end (Los Angeles Rams.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1938 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- William Thomas McKinley: Composer.
- [David] Deacon Jones NFL defensive end (Los Angeles Rams: San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins).
- Elizabeth H: "Rina" Venter; South African minister of Health care.
- Deacon Jones: Eatonville sports Champions.
- John Braheny: American singer-songwriter (d. 2013).
- David Houston: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1993)
- Jones: American football player sportscaster and actor (d. 2013)
- Dimitrios Trichopoulos: Greek epidemiologist oncologist and academic (d. 2014)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Umbrella Man - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?