Thursday 29 December 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1938 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Jon Voight in Yonkers: New York, USA; actor (Deliverance, Midnight Cowboy).
- Wayne Huizenga CEO (Waste Management: Blockbuster, Miami Dolphins).
- Jon Voight: American actor who earned several Oscar nominations for films such as "Midnight Cowboy," 1969 "Deliverance" and a few minor pictures.
- Harvey Smith: English horse rider and sportscaster.
- Construction on Lake Washington Floating Bridge, in Seattle, Washington, begins.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?