Thursday 29 December 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Voight in Yonkers and Wayne Huizenga CEO (Waste Management.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Vanity Fair.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1938 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Jon Voight in Yonkers: New York, USA; actor (Deliverance, Midnight Cowboy).
- Wayne Huizenga CEO (Waste Management: Blockbuster, Miami Dolphins).
- Jon Voight: American actor who earned several Oscar nominations for films such as "Midnight Cowboy," 1969 "Deliverance" and a few minor pictures.
- Harvey Smith: English horse rider and sportscaster.
- Construction on Lake Washington Floating Bridge, in Seattle, Washington, begins.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 December 1938
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?