Wednesday 14 December 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Christmas Carol, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Hal Williams in Columbus: Ohio, USA; actor (Private Benjamin, 227, Sanford and Son).
- Janette Scott: Actress (Day of the Triffids).
- Jean-Pierre Coquillaud: Cognac physician.
- Leonardo Boff: in Italy; Brazilian Catholic theologian.
- Marie FM Emmanuel: French Composer / musicologist (Salamine), dies at 76.
- AL permits Cleveland and Philadelphia to play night games
- Major leagues disagree on increasing rosters from 23 to 25
- Will Harridge is elected to a 10-year-term as American League (baseball) president.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Jeepers Creepers - Al Donahue & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?