Friday 8 December 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Eragon, directed by Stefen Fangmeier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 8 December 2006 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 December
- Martha Tilton: American singer and actress (d. 2006).
- Three people are killed and a fourth injured when a gunman starts shooting at a Chicago skyscraper. The gunman was then shot dead by a Chicago Police Department SWAT sniper. (Chicago SunTimes)
- Bushfires in the Australian state of Victoria threaten at least six townships in the Gippsland region with extreme weather conditions over the weekend expected to increase the danger. The Victorian Department of Education closes 24 schools due to threat of fire. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Ethiopian involvement in the Somali Civil War: The Somali and Ethiopian militaries engage the Islamic Court Union inside Somalia. (BBC)
- Officials organizing the 2006 ASEAN summit in the Philippines, originally due to begin on December 10, have announced that it has been postponed due to Severe Tropical Storm Utor. Officials also denied that the postponement was due to a terror threat. (BBC)
- Research linking the spread of the AIDS virus with malarial infections in Africa is published in ''Science''. (BBC)
- 2006 Fijian coup d'état:
- Fiji is suspended from the Commonwealth of Nations following a meeting of Commonwealth foreign ministers in London. (BBC)
- Former Prime Minister of Fiji Laisenia Qarase warns that Fijians are planning a campaign of civil disobedience against the regime of Commodore Frank Bainimarama. (AFP via ABC Online)
- Alaska State Representative Tom Anderson (R) is taken into custody by the FBI in connection with the probe of alleged unethical association by Alaska Legislature with VECO Corporation. (KTUU)
- Nintendo Wii is released in Europe
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?