Tuesday 9 November 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aed Carabao and Sukekiyo Kameyama.
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
Désirée, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Howdy Doody.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1954 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Aed Carabao: Thai singer-songwriter and guitarist (Carabao).
- Sukekiyo Kameyama: Japanese voice actor (d. 2013).
- Shankar Nag: Indian actor and director.
- Dennis Stratton: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Iron Maiden Praying Mantis and Lionheart).
- Sue Upton: English actress and dancer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 November 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?