Sunday 10 September 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1967 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 September
- 81st US Womens Tennis: Billie Jean M King beats Ann H Jones (119 64)
- 87th US Mens Tennis: John Newcombe beats Clark Graebner (64 64 86)
- Clifford Ann Creed wins LPGA Pacific Golf Classic
- Gibraltar votes 12,138 to 44 to remain British and not Spanish
- KVVU TV channel 5 in Henderson-Las Vegas, NV (IND) begins broadcasting
- Chicago White Sox player Joel Horlen no-hits Detroit Tigers, 6-0.
- The people of Gibraltar vote to remain a British dependency rather than becoming part of Spain.
- In Gibraltar, only 44 out of 12,182 voters support union with Spain.
- A riot during a football match in Kayseri, Turkey leaves 44 dead, about 600 injured.
- Jim Morrison and The Doors defy CBS censors on ''The Ed Sullivan Show'', when Morrison sings the word ampquothigherampquot from their #1 hit ''Light My Fire'', despite having been asked not to.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?