Wednesday 6 September 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Lynn Baxter and Macy Gray.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1967 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Amy Lynn Baxter: Model (Penthouse Pet 1990).
- Macy Gray: American singer-songwriter.
- William DuVall: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Alice in Chains Comes with the Fall Madfly Neon Christ and No Walls).
- Kalli Kalde: Estonian painter and illustrator.
- Igor Štimac: Croatian footballer and manager.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?