Saturday 30 September 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nadine Handford and Yorkis Perez.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Urutora sebun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1967 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Nadine Handford: Adelaide, South Australia -- Golfer (1993 T77 Alpine Aust Ladies).
- Yorkis Perez: Bajos de Haina, Dominican Republic -- Pitcher (Florida Marlins).
- Claudia Schierstedt: German musician and professional astrologer, author, astrological software developer together with her husband, Klaus von Schierstedt.
- Emmanuelle Houdart: Swiss-French author and illustrator.
- Andrea Roth: Canadian actress.
- Magnus Falkehed: Swedish journalist and author
- Palace of Fine Arts reopens (1st time during 1915 exposition)
- BBC Radio 1 is launched and Tony Blackburn presents its first show; the BBC's other national radio stations also adopt numeric names.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Association - Never My Love
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
- Peter, Paul and Mary - I Dig Rock And Roll Music
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?