Thursday 14 September 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
The Battle of Algiers, directed by Gillo Pontecorvo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1967 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Patrick O'Neal: American sportscaster and noted family, the studio host for " Fox Sports West/Prime Ticket".
- Ashlyn Gere: American pornographic actress.
- John Power: Irish baronet / whiskey manufacturer, dies in battle.
- John Smit: Soccer player (NAC).
- Ariel : Argentinian-English DJ and producer.
- Dan Cortese: American actor
- Jens Lien: Norwegian director producer and screenwriter
- Anna Malle: American porn actress and director (d. 2006)
- K Martel: Canadian actor
- Mohammed Abdul Hakim Amer: Egyptian vice-PM, commits suicide at 47.
- Melville Abrams Ball Field in Bronx named
- Thomas Pell Wildlife Refuge and Sanctuary opens in Bronx
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 September 1967 and get them!