Sunday 12 March 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include AJ Rafael and Tyler Clary.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shōjo or Gazza's Superstar Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1989 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- AJ Rafael: YouTube Star.
- Tyler Clary: American swimmer.
- Richard Eckersley: English footballer.
- Siim Luts: Estonian footballer.
- Mark Sirõk: Estonian activist.
- Maurice Evans: English actor producer and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- 2 cyanide-contaminated Chilean grapes found (Philadelphia)
- Two cyanide-contaminated Chilean grapes found (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA).
- Madagascar AREMA party wins parliamentary election.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 March 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?