Thursday 14 May 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Queen Seondeok.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bayonetta or The Conduit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 May 2009 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 May
- Chrysler eliminates 789 car dealerships in the US.
- The US Mint launches the 2009 Lincoln, Youth cent at Lincoln State Park in Lincoln City, Indiana, and releases the coin to circulation.
- Chrysler terminates 789 dealerships throughout the United States. (''Detroit Free Press)
- Burma charges National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi for violating her house arrest. (Sky News)
- North Korea announces that arrested American journalists Euna Lee and Laura Ling will be tried on June 4. (Reuters)
- The Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda kill at least 90 people in South Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
- Chinese Communist Party General Secretary Zhao Ziyang's secret memoirs about the 1989 protests in Tiananmen Square are published. (BBC)
- The South Korean Navy destroyer ''Mummu the Great'' and the U.S. Navy cruiser ''Gettysburg'' capture 17 suspected Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?