Monday 16 June 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Clash by Night, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1952 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- George Papandreou: Greek sociologist and politician 182nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- Gino Vannelli: Canadian singer and songwriter.
- Aleksandr Zaitsev: USSR -- Pairs figure skating (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gino Vanelli: Montreal, Quebec -- Singer (Living Inside Myself).
- Rob Kloet: Pop drummer / singer (Nits-In the Dutch Mountains).
- Andrew Lawson: Scottish-American geologist, the first to map the entire San Andreas Fault (Born 1861).
- Soviet Fighters shoot Swedish Catalina reconnaissance flight down
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?