Wednesday 18 June 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Champagne and Rickey Gazda.
Clash by Night, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I've Got a Secret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1952 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Barry Champagne: Louisiana, United States -- Stunt coorindator (Licence to Kill).
- Rickey Gazda: Rocker.
- Carol Kane in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; actress (Dog Day Afternoon, Simka - Taxi).
- Lee Soo: Man South Korean entertainment executive.
- Marcella Bella: Italian singer.
- Carol Kane: American actress of film and TV who won an Emmy for her role in the long-time favorite TV series, "Taxi" and an Oscar nomination for her fourth film, "Hester Street." With an unconventional appearance, Kane is a petite 5' 2" with masses of wavy hair and flawless skin. She is a charter member of The Company, a group of seven women performers in the arts in N.Y.C. Plagued by feelings of low self-esteem, she has been in analysis for 16 years. She is a vegetarian, and hypersensitive with an explosiv
- Isabella Rossellini: Italian-American noted family, the daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini. She and her twin sister, Isotta, were a husky pair, weighing in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 8 lbs, 3 oz. Growing into a young beauty, she became a model for Lancôme Cosmetics with a $2 million contract. Her face graced more than 500 magazine covers until she was dropped by Lancôme at 41 after promoting them for more than a decade. She made her debut as an actress in 1979. Her film, "Blue Velvet," 1986 was voted the Best
- Ingrid Rossellini: Italian-American noted family, the daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, the second-born of fraternal twin daughters. She and her twin sister, Isabella , were a husky pair, weighing in at 8 lbs 5 oz. and 7 lbs 3 oz. They grew up with their brother Robertino and four half-siblings. Without much resemblance, the twins apparently are quite different as Isotta, who later went by her middle name, Ingrid, made no approach to show biz but went for her doctorate, earning a Ph.D. in Italian
- Tiiu Aro: Estonian physician and politician Estonian Minister of Social Affairs
- Denis Herron: Canadian ice hockey player
- Lee Soo-man: South Korean singer and businessman founded S.M. Entertainment
- Efim D Bogolyubov: Russian chess player, dies at 63.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?