Saturday 14 June 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Lea and Eddie Mekka in Worcester.
Clash by Night, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I've Got a Secret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1952 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Jimmy Lea: England, United Kingdom -- Rock bassist (Slade).
- Eddie Mekka in Worcester: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Carmine - Laverne and Shirley).
- Philip Hellsten: American artist, a painter of portraits of celebrities with a style that is reminiscent of Warhol.
- Robert Lepikson: Estonian race car driver and politician Estonian Minister of the Interior (d. 2006).
- Pat Summitt: American basketball player and coach.
- Leon Wieseltier: American philosopher journalist and critic
- 52nd US Golf Open: Julius Boros shoots a 281 at Northwood Club Dallas
- Boston Brave Warren Spahn strikes out 18 Cubs in 15 innings
- Braves Warren Spahn ties NL record of Jim Whitney with 18 strikeouts against the Cubs in 15-inning, 3-1 loss
- General strike in Tunisia
- Jim Peters runs world record marathon (2:20:42.2)
- Keel laid for first nuclear powered submarine the USS Nautilus.
- The keel is laid for the nuclear submarine USS Nautilus.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?