Saturday 7 June 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Pat and Mike, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1952 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Hubert Auriol: French racing driver (1973-1994) and director of The Paris-Dakar rally (1995-2004).
- Tammy Marihugh: American child actress who was a regular on the "Bob Cummings" TV series and appeared in both "People Are Funny" and "Wagon Train.
- Mia Benson: Swedish screenwriter.
- Royce Campbell: American guitarist composer and producer.
- Orhan Pamuk: Turkish novelist, whose many awards include the 2006 Novel Prize for Literature.
- Liam Neeson: Irish actor who rose to prominence with his acclaimed starring role in Steven Spielberg's 1993 Oscar winner Schindler's List. He has since starred in a number of other successful films, including Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Taken, Taken 2, Michael Collins, Les Misérables, Batman Begins, Kinsey, Clash of the Titans and The Chronicles of Narnia series. He has been nominated for a number of awards including an Academy Award for Best Actor, a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role
- 3 Wishes after Jamie closes at Mark Hellinger NYC after 94 performances
- 7th Curtis Cup: British Isles, 5-4
- 84th Belmont: Eddie Arcaro aboard One Count wins in 2:30.2
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Lover - Peggy Lee (Gordon Jenkins Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?