Wednesday 18 October 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1950 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Wendy Wasserstein: American playwright, a Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning dramatist known for her plays about educated women facing challenges in post-liberation America.
- Merry Martin in Camden: Michigan, USA; actress (Leslie - Peter Loves Mary).
- Patrick L Swindall: (Rep-R-Georgia, 1985- ).
- Om Puri: Indian actor and singer.
- Sheila White: London, England -- Actress (I Claudius).
- David Dukelow: American astrologer, a scholar and former teacher in public schools until losing interest in the academic environment. Absorbed with astrology, he was employed by Astro-Computing Service in San Diego and a member of the San Diego Friends of Jung. He wrote booklets for ASC, studied Russian history and was a fine painter.
- Luiz Paula: Brazilian author and psychic. He claims psychic contact with extra-terrestrials and has developed an ambitious program, as an architect, which projects seven "contact stations" nationwide, on strategic places that would survive floods "by the turn of the century". Paula wrote a book on his contacts with the extra-terrestrials.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Always Love You (Querida Mia) - Dinah Shore
- Harbor Lights - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Eddie Fisher - Thinking of You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?