Wednesday 18 October 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Merry Martin in Camden and Patrick L Swindall.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stu Erwin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1950 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Merry Martin in Camden: Michigan, USA; actress (Leslie - Peter Loves Mary).
- Patrick L Swindall: (Rep-R-Georgia, 1985- ).
- David Dukelow: American astrologer, a scholar and former teacher in public schools until losing interest in the academic environment.
- Luiz Paula: Brazilian author and psychic.
- Wendy Wasserstein: American playwright, a Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning dramatist known for her plays about educated women facing challenges in post-liberation America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Always Love You (Querida Mia) - Dinah Shore
- Harbor Lights - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Eddie Fisher - Thinking of You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?