Saturday 19 April 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Quo Vadis?, directed by Enrico Guazzoni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1913!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1913 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Cyril English: British educator.
- Ken Carpenter: TV announcer (Lux Video Theater), dies at 84.
- Kenneth Carpenter: American athlete, and Olympic champion, he won a gold medal in the 1936 track and field event of discus throwing.
- 17th Boston Marathon won by Fritz Carlson of Minnesota in 2:25:14.8.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Melinda's Wedding Day - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- And the Green Grass Grew All Around - Walter Van Brunt
- Good-Night, Nurse - Billy Murray
- My Little Persian Rose - That Girl Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1913 and get them!