Monday 20 June 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Mr. Nobody, directed by Jaco Van Dormael, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Chris Gethard Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asphalt 3D or Dance Dance Revolution X3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 20 June 2011 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 June
- Arab Spring:
- Tunisian revolution: Ousted former President of Tunisia Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali and his wife are sentenced to 35 years in prison for misappropriating public funds, with the trial held in absentia. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: The regime says it has made progress in its fight against rebels holding the city of Zinjibar. (Reuters via ''The Irish Times'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Libyan officials say NATO airstrikes on Tripoli kill 15 civilians, including children this is the second claimed collateral damage incident in two days, with NATO blaming a ampquotweapons failureampquot for the first attack. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- President of Syria Bashar al-Assad is due to make a speech about ampquotcurrent circumstancesampquot in Syria. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Bashar al-Assad's speech fails to please the people as nationwide protests against his regime continue. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Spanish protests: The ampquotindignadosampquot launch protest marches intended to culminate in a major rally in Madrid on 24 July. (RTÉ)
- Sudan and South Sudan sign a pact to demilitarise the disputed Abyei region and to permit the presence of Ethiopian peacekeeping forces. (Al Jazeera)
- Two suspected militants are killed in Khar Dand in Pakistan as a result of a drone attack. (AP via WVEC)
- Masked men in camouflage gear attack homes in the mainly nationalist Short Strand area of East Belfast, with pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails being thrown. (BBC)
- General Walter L. Sharp, the Commander of United States Forces Korea, warns that North Korea is likely to launch more attacks but states that US and South Korean forces are prepared. (AFP via Inquirer)
- Nepal experiences its first lesbian wedding ceremony as a lawyer and a college professor tie the knot. (BBC)
- The Anglican Church in the United Kingdom considers guidelines allowing openly homosexual clergy to become bishops. (AFP via Google News)
- London Assembly Member Jenny Jones urges Westminster Council to consider a blue plaque for veteran peace campaigner Brian Haw following his recent death at the age of 62. (BBC)
- American ''Jackass'' star Ryan Dunn dies in a high-speed accident on U.S. Route 322 in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania. (NBC Philadelphia)
- European sovereign debt crisis:
- Eurozone finance ministers agree to seek a voluntary rollover of Greek debt by private bondholders in order to meet a substantial part of Greek funding needs. (Reuters)
- Eurozone finance ministers postpone a final decision on Greece's $17 billion emergency loans extension until Greece introduces further cuts. (Al Jazeera)
- British Labour MP and former foreign secretary Jack Straw says the eurozone ampquotwill collapseampquot and that the euro will succumb to a ampquotslow deathampquot. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?