Saturday 18 June 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Mr. Nobody, directed by Jaco Van Dormael, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 18 June 2011 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 June
- Burma accuses the Kachin Independence Army of starting deadly fighting near the Chinese border. (BBC)
- South Korean troops mistakenly fire on a Chinese passenger plane as it flies near the disputed Northern Limit Line on the border with North Korea there are no casualties. (Reuters)
- Syrian troops raid the town of Bdama near the Turkish border in an attempt to crush a nationwide uprising. (BBC)
- American musician Clarence Clemons, best known for his work with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, dies from complications of a stroke. (Bruce Springsteen)
- Oil prices hit a four-month low, with oil now at USD $93 per barrel. (Reuters)
- Former Zambian President Frederick Chiluba dies aged 68. (IOL)
- Pro-democracy activists in Morocco call for renewed demonstrations, saying reforms proposed by King Mohammed VI are not enough. (Al Jazeera)
- Some Saudi Arabian women challenge a ban on female drivers, posting accounts and pictures of themselves driving automobiles. (Reuters)
- Mike Rawlings is elected as the Mayor of the US city of Dallas, Texas, with Betsy Price elected as the Mayor of Fort Worth, Texas and Beth van Duyne elected as the mayor of Irving Texas. (NBC Dallas Fort Worth)
- Russian human rights activist Yelena Bonner, the widow of Soviet dissident and Nobel Peace Prize winner Andrei Sakharov, dies in the city of Boston, MA, USA. (RIA Novosti)
- NOAA states that 2011 is already one of the most extreme weather years on record. (''Scientific American'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?