Tuesday 28 June 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 June 2011 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 June
- U.S. drone attacks on North Waziristan:
- Two U.S. drone missile attacks are reported to have killed at least 15 people in North Waziristan in a late night attack by the U.S. on the region. (BBC)
- Tribal sources later indicate that the death toll from the U.S. strikes has increased to 26. (''The News International'')
- A report from Refugees International blames NATO's air strikes, its arming of militias, and home raids for the displacement of more than 250,000 people in Afghanistan, a problem which is increasing. (Refugees International)
- Attack on Kabul InterContinental Hotel:
- NATO helicopters fire on the hotel roof. (BBC)
- 2010–2011 Greek protests:
- Greek trade unions go on a general strike with transport links including airline flights being cancelled. (AFP via France 24)
- Police fire tear gas and stun grenades on the anti-austerity protest in Athens, causing injuries and breathing difficulties. (BBC)
- The protesters include doctors, ambulance drivers, journalists and actors plying their trade at a state-funded theatre. (Al Jazeera)
- Freedom Flotilla II: The propeller house and propeller shaft of the pro-Palestinian flotilla's Swedish ship ''Juliano'' are damaged by ampquothostile diversampquot in the Greek port of Piraeus, with participants suggesting sabotage. (CBC News)
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Hospitals in Benghazi are reported to be running low on vital supplies. (BBC)
- People in Misrata celebrate on the streets as news reaches them that arrest warrants have been issued by the International Criminal Court for Muammar Gaddafi, Saif al-Islam Gaddafi and Abdullah Senussi. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- Syria's ambassador to the United Kingdom is summoned to answer to allegations that a diplomat is intimidating U.K.-based Syrians. (BBC)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- A Cairo court rules in favour of calls by anti-regime protesters and rules Egypt's local councils elected under the ousted regime of Hosni Mubarak are to be dissolved. (Al Jazeera)
- Egyptian protesters clash with police in Cairo's Tahrir Square. (Al-Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?