Tuesday 20 October 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Petty in Gainesville and Keith Hernandez in San Francisco.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The United States Steel Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1953 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tom Petty in Gainesville: Florida, USA; singer (Heartbreakers - "Refugee").
- Keith Hernandez in San Francisco: California, USA; New York Mets' first baseman (nine golden gloves).
- Keith Hernandez: American baseball player sportscaster and actor.
- Richard McWilliam: American businessman and philanthropist co-founded the Upper Deck Company (d. 2013).
- Bill Nunn: American actor.
- Werner Baumbach: German bomber pilot (Born 1916).
- WRAU (now WHOI) TV channel 19 in Peoria, IL (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?